We’ve poured over projection after projection – team article after team article to piece together our bowl predictions…and it’s still pretty unclear. Here are my picks and notes below on how I got there with a sampling of the media’s picks…
*Mark Schlabach $Andrea Adelson %Heather Dinich #Orlando Sentinel
- We’ll save our Orange Bowl projection for later in the week.
- Maybe I have a little too much faith in the Champs for picking the better team, but I’ll stick the Terps in Orlando where they really deserve to go and the dominoes fall after that.
- Take a look at that CBS projection for a second – they run the Sun Bowl, and Sun Bowl reps like the name recognition with the ‘Canes.
- Ultimately, this seemed like the year Clemson would get Charlotte, but NC State will be hard to pass up there.
- General consensus seems to be that UNC won’t slip past the Music City and a team that could be picked over them, Clemson, already made the trip last year.
- Some reports already that Georgia Tech is the team the Independence is aiming for.
- Now, it’s either BC or Clemson for the Military Bowl. Do they take the team on a 5-game winning streak and lobbying for a better bowl…or the team/fanbase weary from a disappointing season? I’ll give BC the edge.
- So, Clemson – enjoy the Bay Area.
- Miami and Maryland are the key pieces here – if Miami slips back to the Military or Fight Hunger…NC State and Clemson move up with the Pack in El Paso and Clemson in Charlotte. NC State gets picked over Maryland for the Champs and it’s possible the Terps slip back to the Music City or even back to D.C. – sending UNC and BC backwards.
- Phil Steele has BC in the Little Ceaser’s Bowl against Northern Illinois – so there’s that.
- We do know the opponent in the Military Bowl with East Carolina according to Fanhouse.
- SI’s Mandel thinks Boise could be in San Francisco play our ninth best ACC bowl team – yeah, and our top team couldn’t beat them.
- Mississippi State seems to be the apple of the eye of BC Interruption’s favorite bowl committee.
- Notre Dame might just edge out the Big East teams for the Champs.
- Meineke looks to depend on this weekend’s results – basically getting a runner-up between UConn and West Virginia.
- ESPN’s two experts say either the Big East champ or Stanford for the Orange. SB Nation goes over why Stanford might be the choice.
- With the Pac-10 lacking teams, the Sun Bowl might get its MAC on with Toledo or Temple…possibly independent Army too.
- Tennessee seems to be the slam dunk choice for the Music City.
- Air Force likewise for the Independence.
Who do you have going where? Comment your projections…